Friday, June 15, 2007

WEEK ONE - Day Three: "20th Reunion-Part 1"



Night One of my 20th reunion....was such fun! Before leaving Mom & Dad's house I felt a bit of "nervous excitement"...but the moment I walked up I saw my great friend Kim Loeffler...and was immediately calm! And the fun began....hugging...picture taking...seeing new friends that I made thru our JMHS '87 website...as well as seeing old friends! We closed the place down....Ahhhh....what fun!

Me & Kim...


We have actually stayed in touch thru the last 20yrs...mostly thru email...but we did go to one another's weddings. She was nearly 8mos. pregnant with her son, Baron at mine.


My Friend Natalia...


We had english together. We were reminising about our sweet friend Marlo Cassonova and having English with her. (Marlo passed away a few yrs. ago from cancer.) During our conversation we both realized that we had fond memories of when Marlo represented a prostitute in a possitive way in our Debate! We were both moved at how she admittedly didn't agree with the profession but could passionately see the draw to the career choice. Neither of us remember the outcome of the debate itself...but kind of discovered we both must've been on the SAME debate team.


Karen Mattingly & Pam Peters....

Trey & Dianna McFeaters....


LOVE THEM!! Trey and I bonded over a burrito on the website! He owns a Moe's Southwestern Grill in Austin, Texas! He began tempting us with pictures on the website...and the "dieters" were tempted. Love this big huggable bear...and his sweetest cub - Miss Diana! What fun we had... btw - thanks for the MOE's shirt Trey!



Dara & Russ...

I love it that my husband loves my sweet friend!! Dara and I were best friend in Jr.High...thru High School....I have had some of the most FUN.... extravagant.... rebellious moments with her!! Athough, she would say it was ALL Me...and back then, I probably said it was her....I think we played off of one another nicely in our rebellion. We really weren't THAT bad!! Thankfully for Dara, her Mom had more tolerance for our 'quanderies'.....than with my Mother. I was ALWAYS & CONTINUOUSLY on "restriction!" Thankfully...Dara conceded to come to "Night 1" of our reunion...and then I convinced her to come to "Night 2" as well!!


Becky Charo, Dara & Ray Martinez....


Ooooh....my Sweet friend Jenn Tiller!!

If you can't tell....I adore this girlfriend! We were 'flute friends' in the Ram Band....but in our senior year and years after that we became closer and closer. Although we lost touch for some years between that and our 10 yr. reunion...it was like no time went by when we reconnected at the 10 yr Reunion. Then - unfortunately - we lost touch only to reconnect a couple of years later just before I married Russ. We got to see each other about three years ago...and now keep in touch thru email!! LOVE THIS GIRL...and refuse to lose touch this time!!!


Here are some random pictures.... of the "GIRLS!"



















1 comment:

njmom said...

Looks like you guys are having a great time!

Jolie