I want you to know –RIGHT NOW I am praising our God for YOU! Early on, when I began praying for this Oaxaca Mission Trip, the Lord laid on my heart that he had a strong army of warriors that would commit to be on our support prayer team. He also dropped in my spirit that it would be a small team – yet, a significant team. Your part on this prayer team, I believe, has and will have a significant impact. I know it will ‘help’ us in our PHYSICAL world, but I believe it will be MORE impacting & powerfully significant in the SPIRIT REALM (what I think of as “the war zone.”) Not to mention….many of YOU I’ve watched for years model integrity in prayer, (ie.)when you say you will pray – you WILL PRAY!) – We’re sooo BLESSED!!
FRIDAY, July 17th – 9pm:
TRAVEL DAY – going to the JFK at 9pm….our flight leaves at midnight – and we travel thru the night.
- PLEASE PRAY – travel mercies (everyone in our team arrives, travel details, flight details, patience, Isabella will be peaceful and cooperative)
- PLEASE PRAY – we can sleep on the plane. (we arrive in Oaxaca at 7:30am)
- PLEASE PRAY – that we will be able to check our luggage all the way through to Oaxaca City and go through customs there.
- PLEASE PRAY – that customs and immigration will go smoothly for all, that all our luggage will arrive safely. (Also, we are transporting over 1000prs. of glasses – that they will clear, and all equipment and medication will clear.)
SATURDAY, July 18th – 7:30am:
ARRIVAL DAY – we arrive in Oaxaca City at 7:30am and are picked up at the airport by the missionaries and transported to the Mission compound. We’ll spend the day in orientation, team building, and organizing glasses/materials.
- PLEASE PRAY – travel mercies from the airport to the compound.
- PLEASE PRAY – everyone on our team will be rested.
- PLEASE PRAY – our health is protected – we will be protected in eating and drinking.
- PLEASE PRAY – that our team will be unified in spirit. – not everyone on our team knows one another well, and many are in different places with their relationship with God. (I suspect that some may think they are believers – but are just ‘church go-ers’ – pray for salvation for EVERYONE on our team.)
SUNDAY, July 19th:
DAY w/ MISSIONARIES – we will attend a Mexican church service in the city, have more orientation/training, get accustomed to the altitude (over 5000ft.), and make final plans to set out to the villages Monday morning.
- PLEASE PRAY – safety in the city as we travel.
- PLEASE PRAY – grace, unity, & worship.
- PLEASE PRAY – as we not prepare our ‘STUFF’ (equipment, agendas, etc.) – that God will prepare our HEARTS to meet the needs of the villagers.
- PLEASE PRAY – that the missionary doctors returning will be blessed by seeing their past patients and friends made in previous years. (I remember when we did mission work in Reynosa, MX…it was ALWAYS soooo important to me to see the families I grew closer to in previous years….it is a precious reunion moment….and to restore relationship does something miraculous that is hard to understand. It is such a GIFT from God!!)
MONDAY, July 20th:
VILLAGE DAY #1 – we are most likely will be working as one team…but may split into two teams to cover more villages.
- PLEASE PRAY – for the people in the villages
*That they will PHYSICALLY see.
*That they will see GOD in ways they never have before.
- PLEASE PRAY – FOR RUSS (these are his requests) & the other interns /doctors.
*That he will have energy
*That he will work efficiently, accurately & quickly
*But also, that there will be a sensitivity to God and what HE may be doing in each moment.
*That God will give him wisdom – not only in medicine, but in ministry.
*That Russ’ Spanish skills will be restored
*That there will be easy communication w/ the villagers. (translation to the indigenous Indian dialec of the village)
- PLEASE PRAY – for MIRACLES!!!!!!
WE WANT TO SEE GOD IN THIS WAY!!
Hebrews 13:8 “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and
We have heard of miraculous healing of the blind. (never seen by doctors…just thru prayer) We have heard of miraculous healing of bad vision, eye disease, and other health issues completely unrelated to eye health – etc.
Mark 10:52 "What do you want me to do for you?" Jesus asked him. The
blind man said, "Rabbi, I want to see. “Go," said Jesus, "your faith has healed you." Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road.”
- PLEASE PRAY – for ISABELLA (and her ministry to the children) – God is working powerfully in ‘Bella Kate’s life. She has declared on different occasions, “Mommy, we will lay hands on people and they will be healed, in Jesus Name!” Yesterday she declared , “people will see & accept Jesus in their hearts. “ She has been doing a bible study with her teacher, Miss Faith learning these scriptures (which she has memorized.) & different stories from the bible.
-Mark 10:52 “Go for your faith has healed you.”
-1Peter 2:24 “By His stripes we are healed.”
-John 14:14 “If you pray anything in My name, it will be given to you.”
-And I’m sure she will be sharing the story of “Saul of Tarsus” (Acts 9)
TUESDAY, July 21st:
VILLAGE DAY #2 – (again…) we are most likely will be working as one team…but may split into two teams to cover more villages.
- PLEASE PRAY – a repeat for the Villagers, Russ (& other Interns/Docs), & Isabella.
- PLEASE PRAY – for People to be SAVED.
- PLEASE PRAY – for DEBORAH (and my role) – I’ve been praying for this trip for a while now, and here are some things that I feel God has been saying about my role on this trip.
**I am a Watchtower
**I am a Mother
**I am a Wife
**I am an intercessor/prayer warrior
- These are some things I’m praying for myself (I trust that God will show you how to pray also… ;-)….thanks so much:
-I’m praying FREEDOM.
-Freedom for Miracles to occur. (& that God will build our faith thru them.)
-Freedom for Sight: physically & spiritually
-Freedom from old Indian religions.
-Freedom for Christians & favor for them within their communities.
-Freedom from political corruption….& police corruption.
-Freedom & Unity for the city government & the Believers
- PLEASE PRAY – Health, Energy, Wisdom, Safety, & UNITY.
WEDNESDAY, July 22nd :
VILLAGE DAY #3 – (again…) we are most likely will be working as one team…but may split into two teams to cover more villages.
- PLEASE CONTINUE TO PRAY the above….
- PLEASE PRAY – for the blessing on people serving us.
- Missionaries, Cooks, other workers of the Mission, drivers.
- PLEASE PRAY – revival among the children
- PLEASE PRAY – Health, Energy, Wisdom, Safety, UNITY, favor
THURSDAY, July 23rd :
VILLAGE DAY #4 – (again…) we are most likely will be working as one team…but may split into two teams to cover more villages.
- PLEASE CONTINUE TO PRAY the above….
- PLEASE PRAY – Revival Freedom….(bringing in sheaves from the harvest! Ps. 126)
Psalms 126 - “When the LORD brought back the captives to Zion, we
were like men who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, "The LORD has done great things for them." The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Restore our fortunes, O LORD, like streams in the Negev. Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him.”
- PLEASE PRAY – JOY, WISDOM, LAUGHTER, PRAISE.
- PLEASE PRAY – Health, Energy, Safety, & UNITY.
- PLEASE PRAY – FAVOR for the missionaries & our team with the leaders of the village community.
FRIDAY, July 24th :
TOUR DAY – the missionaries are taking us to Oaxaca City to do some touristy things.
- PLEASE PRAY – Health, Energy, Safety, & UNITY
- PLEASE PRAY – as we walk thru the city….we will take the Spirit of the Lord with us wherever we are…that we will miraculously BE light in the darkness.
- PLEASE PRAY – for God to seal the relationships that we make…building and growing them thru our Christian walks. That we will not forget them….we will continue to pray for them…and their lives.
SATURDAY, July 25th :
TRAVEL DAY – going to the Oaxaca very very early….our flight leaves at 8:30am – and we travel thru the ALL DAY…layover in Mexico City, MX. (we will not leave the airport – or most likely not even leave security)
- PLEASE PRAY – travel mercies (everyone in our team is healthy, travel details, flight details, patience, Isabella will be peaceful and cooperative)
- PLEASE PRAY – we can sleep on the plane…or have plenty to do…esp. for Isabella.
- PLEASE PRAY – that we will be able to check our luggage all the way through to JFK and go through customs there.
- PLEASE PRAY – that customs and immigration will go smoothly for all, that all our luggage will return safely.
"THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON ME, BECAUSE HE ANOINTED ME TO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE POOR. HE HAS SENT ME TO PROCLAIM RELEASE TO THE CAPTIVES, AND RECOVERY OF SIGHT TO THE BLIND, TO SET FREE THOSE WHO ARE OPPRESSED..." ~Luke 4:18
LASTLY….we need support financially.
Please pray that God will bring in all the money we “NEED”….and that we trust him for anything lacking….or can be generous with the missionaries with anything exceeding. We have raised a 1/3 of our trip at this point and trusting Him. The cost of our trip is $3000 (airfare, ins., food, lodging, transportation, medical supplies & a love donation). Thank you!
If you are supporting us financially here are the details:
Make check out to FCO or “Fellowship of Christian Optometrists”
Email me the $$ amount you are donating
ALL donations are tax-deductible - and made to FCO - Fellowship of Christian Optometrists)
If you have any other questions please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
THANK YOU Again sooooo much!
Thank you all for your love and consistent support in our lives, adventures, and all that God is doing in our lives!
You are truly a huge blessing in our lives & we love you!
Now to Him,
Deborah & Russ (and Isabella Kate)